15/04/2022

MUSIC INTERVIEW- COUNTRY SINGER GABRIELLE METZ


The Rambling Man grabbed an opportunity with rising country singer/songwriter Gabrielle Metz to discuss her latest single 'Masks', how she broke into the music industry and her new publishing deal. Please scroll down to read the full interview, as well as listen to the track.

Hello, how are you?

I’m good! Thank you for having me do this interview. 

Could you introduce yourself to the readers?

I’m Gabrielle Metz! I am a Country Singer-Songwriter originally from Alabama. I moved to Nashville at 17 and I have been doing music there for the last four years! 

How did you begin in the music industry?

I have been singing all my life! At 14 I started writing songs and teaching myself how to play the guitar. Before my senior year of high school, I told my parents I wanted to pursue music full time, so I enrolled in online school (before it was the normal haha) and graduated early. I moved to Nashville six weeks after and I have been working in the music industry since!

How would you describe your music?

Country songwriting with a bit of indie-pop flare!

Who are your influences?

My influences span a lot of different genres. I listened to everything growing up. I have always loved powerhouse female artists: Alicia Keys, Carrie Underwood, Christina Aguilera, Kelsea Ballerini, and many more!

What can you tell me about your latest track, ‘Masks?

I wrote 'Masks' with two friends, Antonio Moreas and Lain Roy. I had the idea on my phone, and I knew it was going to have to be a very ‘real’ song. They both really liked the idea, so we ran with it. This song really talks about this generation's communication barriers and how that impacts our relationships. This is a song about yearning for authenticity and intimacy in relationships in every aspect; familial, friendships, romantic partners, even spiritual relationships.

What can you tell me about your new pub deal with Hearts Songs Music Group?

I have been working with the HSMG team for a couple of years now. I was ecstatic when Devon O’Day came on board to spearhead Get Buzzed Music Publishing. We are just getting started! 

What do you hope this new deal can do for you as a musician?

I am really excited to start expanding my network of co-writers and collaborators! 

What inspires you to write music?

Everything! It has become my main way of processing things in my life. 


I read you moved to Nashville when you were younger to further your musical ambitions. How much did this help hone your musical skills and make you the young star you are today?

Yes, I moved to Nashville at 17. I think everyone has a different path in the music business, but I knew personally that I had a lot to learn and the best way for me to do that was to get there. I took every opportunity I could from working in studios to video shoots and photoshoots. I also talked to as many people as I could on the business side of the industry. I tried (still do) to learn as much as possible about every aspect of the business in addition to writing as much as I could and performing. I think really spending time honing my craft and networking has helped me more than anything else! 

Do you feel there are struggles for musicians hoping to get into the industry today?

The best and worst thing about the music industry is that there is no one way to do it. That can be encouraging or defeating depending on how to decide to look at it. As long as you love it, are willing to work hard and are conscious of your goals, it pays off in the long run. 

Do you hope to release an album soon? 

Right now, I am not planning an album. For me, it doesn’t make much sense at this time in my career, but I am excited to keep putting out music. At some point down the line, I’m sure it’ll be the right time for an album!

And, finally, what is next for Gabrielle Metz?

I am currently planning my next release for the summer and hopefully some tour dates in the fall! 

Interview conducted by Anselm Anderson

If you want to discover further interviews like this, please click on the link below to receive all the latest reviews, news, and playlists.

SOCIAL MEDIA

HOME | Gabrielle Metz

Gabrielle Metz (@gabmetzmusic) / Twitter

Gabrielle Metz - YouTube

GABRIELLE (@gabriellemetzmusic) • Instagram photos and videos






No comments:

Post a Comment