10/04/2019

JT Larsen- Southern Indiana Nights



Words were written by Anselm Anderson

JT Larsen is an Americana singer/songwriter from Indianapolis. Larsen grew up in a house of musicians, which he began to focus on after leaving college. He soon concentrated on his own songwriting skills to formulate a catalogue of songs to perform around his local area.

Larsen plays Americana with a hint of Rock and Roll, which has lead to comparisons to Country stars Jason Isbell   and  Blitzen Trapper He now showcases his talents for the first time with debut single Southern Indiana Nights, a track he explains is about ;

"A girl who I was dating at the time called and said she wanted to end things. I remember being obviously upset at the time so I grabbed my keys
and went out for a drive to clear my head. At some point during the drive I started to think about some of the things I still do have,
like some of my good friends from my childhood. When I got back home, I went back to my
little 8-track recorder and changer the lyrics to “I wish I could go back to Southern Indiana
nights.” From there it was simple to find subject matter worth writing about." - Jt Larsen

This opening introduction doesn't fail to impress with its wholehearted appeal of alt-country with nuances that are effective and constructive. Larsen's guitar play is simple and rigid with a firm strumming pattern that instantly hooks the listener with its upbeat rhythm you can't help but hum.

Larsen's voice is warm and inviting, which benefits the lyrical content about reminiscing about home. The song gradually builds towards the chorus with subtle implementations like female vocals and steel lap guitar that familiarise the listener with what home may be like. The singer creates an atmosphere through these little touches.  The mid-tempo retains this edge before bursting into a nice Solo in the mid-eighth Neil Young would be proud of. Overall, I feel the structure of the track is well-written for a targeted audience. And this writer is looking forward to hearing more from this talented musician.

J.T Larsen Southern Indiana Nights is now available via Spotify and Soundcloud

You can follow the artist via the link below;

www.facebook.com/JTLarsenMusic

You can now listen to the track below


--

No comments:

Post a Comment