18/05/2021

INTERVIEW- MARK C DANIEL " I’d love to do my part to connect music with music lovers"



Classic Rock guitarist/singer-songwriter Mark. C.Daniel hails from Connecticut. He has been touring for twelve years, supporting established acts such as Alter Bridge, Pearl Jam, Buckcherry and John Mayer. Daniel released his debut EP "New Truth" in 2018. I had the opportunity to speak with this rising star about music, touring, and his band. 

Could you introduce yourself to the readers?
Hello, my name is Mark C. Daniel and I am a Rock Guitarist/Singer/Songwriter. Thank you for reading this interview.

How would you describe your sound?
Equal parts Classic Rock/Guitar Rock and 90’s Alternative w. a Blues Swagger.

How did you get into the music industry
Playing, Writing and Networking. I genuinely like people and look for every opportunity to talk with them

Who were your influences getting into music?  As a kid, initially Classic Metal.. that love developed into Classic Rock, the ’90s, Blues and Jazz. I love music and try to pull it in from all directions.

 I understand you have a new album coming out, What can you tell us about it?

I’m very thankful for my team: Mickey Curry-Drums, Marc Hickox-Bass, Vic Steffens-Engineering
and Matt Wagner-Mix & Mastering. I describe it as having a Classic Rock foundation with an Alternative spin.. maybe even a little 80’s.

 You released a track last year called “Roll Me Over”, and an EP beforehand. What can you tell me about them, and how they relate to your sound?  The songwriting on the new material is similar but I’m taking a few risks with the sound in an attempt to assert myself. Still song-driven guitar-centric rock but ..plus “something else”

 I understand you have been performing for over 12 years, supporting such established acts like Pearl Jam, Alter Bridge, and Eric Gales. What was it like to share the stage with these performers, and how has it helped impact yourself?  Those types of shows remind me of my responsibility to perform to the highest standard possible. There is always so much to learn and performing before the above is an incredible opportunity to grow.

 You have a fantastic support band, whose experience includes Guns ‘N’Roses, Charlie Musslethwaite, The Cult and John Mayer to name but a few. What can you tell us about the band, and how has it shaped your sound?  They bring out the best in me .. along with being incredible musicians they are incredible people. The synergy is incredible, inspiring and in abundance.

What is your motivation to write and perform music? I don’t recall wondering why, or if I have the question didn’t linger. I simply wish to serve the art to the best of my ability.
 
Do you feel the industry has changed in the 12 years since you have been performing? And what challenges do you feel an emerging artist has with getting into it? It appears that it has changed immeasurably. Some for good, some for perhaps “not so good” but as long as true lovers of music seek “good music” all else will work itself out.

And finally, What is next for Mark.C.Daniel? I believe we are all heading toward a “new unknown” future post-Covid.. that being said I am hopeful and plan on doing meaningful things. Simply put: I’d love to do my part to connect music with music lovers.


Thank you for your time!
Mark

Interview by Anselm Anderson for Rambling man's Reviews

SOCIAL MEDIA




"Gasoline Fire"


"Roll Me Over"


"Still Don't Know"







No comments:

Post a Comment