13/05/2022

MUSIC INTERVIEW: CORY SINGER

Photo Credit: Press
  The Rambling Man got an opportunity to interview influential singer/songwriter Cory Singer about his latest single 'Break of Dawn', his rise to fame and his advocacy work for Autism. Scroll down to read the full interview.
 

Good morning, how are you?

I’m doing well, thank you! 

Could you introduce yourself to the readers?

My name is Cory Singer. I am a singer/songwriter, social media influencer, and autism advocate. I create music to be able to inspire others with my experiences and insights of having autism myself.

How did you start your musical journey?

I grew up listening to music. I always heard my parents playing artists such as Stevie Wonder, Journey, Melissa Etheridge, etc. I began playing the trumpet in the third grade and started doing theatre in the fourth grade, which I still continue to do. When I was eighteen, I participated in Bravo TV’s singing competition “The Kandi Factory.” After winning my episode, I was able to work with Kandi Burruss and release a single and music video for “I Can Do Anything.” I have been writing and growing in my musical career ever since.

How would you describe your music?

I would describe my music as Indie with a bit of Theatre. I like that my style never feels limited, and I’m able to pull inspiration from many genres.

What can you tell me about your new single ‘Break of Dawn'?

“Break of Dawn” is about finding that special someone in your life. While already having the melody, I wrote the lyrics to this song with a woman in England via facetime. 

What inspires you to write music?

I’ve always been a very creative person and pull inspiration from everything around me; good or bad. I love creating art with meaning and sharing it with the world. I have been writing music for 9 years, and plan to continue to share more music with the world.

You are an Autism Advocate, what can you tell me about the campaigns you do to help raise awareness of the disorder?

Photo Credit: Press
 I’m on the board of advisors for the “I Am Able” foundation, which is a growing movement that aims to share the message that any individual diagnosed with neurodivergent challenges can obtain an easy diagnosis and achieve their goals despite any obstacles. I’m also an ambassador for The Sound Mind Network, which is an organization that aims to inspire those struggling with addiction, mental health, and trauma to use their personal passions as a creative-based recovery alternative.

And do you have any plans to celebrate World Autism Acceptance Month?

I plan to keep doing what I’ve been doing, which is spreading the CORRECT information about autism. As I think it’s important to have a World Autism Acceptance month, I believe it’s just as important to learn and listen to those with autism all days of the year.

How important is it to raise awareness of Autism in the music industry?

It’s extremely important for me and other autistic creators because without autistic individuals having a voice, there is no way to listen to our message. This is the same in all areas of art, music included.

I have been looking at some of your accomplishments. You won Bravo TV’s grand prize in' The Kandi Factory' competition, a nomination for 'The Last Romance 'on Broadway etc. What impact do these achievements have on a budding career like yours? Do you feel it helps motivate you to do what you do?

It’s very humbling to have all these accomplishments. These accomplishments push me to constantly want to grow as an artist and be better than I was the day before.

And finally, what is next for Cory Singer?

More music and more advocacy!


Interview conducted by Anselm Anderson

If you want to discover further interviews like this, please click on the link below to receive all the latest reviews, news, and playlists.





No comments:

Post a Comment